Friday, June 20, 2014

If he can’t even pay attention to something in front of him, how can I expect him to pay me any attention?

The Man duly ignores me at home after work, and on weekends, because he is constantly on his laptop replying work emails. (Got so many emails meh?)

So, last Sunday, I sneaked up to his laptop while he was taking a bio break and saw that he was working on a drawing. I added a big text box next to the drawing that reads: “PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR WIFE”. I expected him to have a reaction after reading that, but he didn’t (stupid boy) and of course, I promptly forgot all about it.

Last night, The Man told me that his supplier has responded to one of his drawings by asking him to pay attention to his wife. He showed me the drawing with the text box still there.

Frou: Hmm, interesting.
Man: Isn't it? He's from China and usually never write in English.
Frou:Are you sure this came from your supplier?
Man: What do you mean?
Frou: How about you check the version you sent to him?
Man: What do you.....(checks his emails) OMG…….you mean I sent this to him??
Frou: YAH MAN! How can you not see that big text box?? Aren’t you working on that drawing???
Man: IS IT YOU? You wrote that?? I didn’t see it! I was only looking at the drawing!
Frou: It is RIGHT NEXT to the drawing! In Arial 38. How can you miss something so big?
Man. OMG, I just “shouted” at my supplier to pay attention to his wife. How??
Frou: Maybe he thinks you saw him with another woman and that you are being the voice of reason?
Man: ARGH! I’m gonna kill you!
Frou: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: