Sunday, March 16, 2014

By the way, don't judge our music taste!

When I listen to a song, I hear primarily the lyrics. According to The Man, it’s such a waste I never join the game show “Don’t Forget The Lyrics". I never forget words to a song - even those that I don't know well. For example, I can easily recite the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody, even though I am not a fan of Queen . I just hear it a lot on the radio when I was growing up.

When The Man listens to a song however, he only hears the melody. He never pays any attention to the words or wonder what the song is about. And that is why it always gets on my nerves when he tries to sing....

The Man: “Oh… I am going to eat pizza….”
Frou: Dude, it is “I’m going to IBIZA”.
(“We are going to Ibiza” by Venga Boys)

The Man: “Making my way downtown… la la la… I’m giving out hongbaos”
Frou: So, Venessa Carlton suddenly turned Chinese and got married?
The Man: Erm...
Frou: “Walking fast, faces pass and I’m HOMEBOUND”!
(“Thousand Miles”)

The Man: “I love you like a love song, baby, and I go beep beep beep beep beep”
Frou: Why would Selena Gomez go beep beep beep?
The Man: I don't know.
Frou: How about “And I keep hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat!!!!!!!!!!!!”
("Love you like a love song")

The Man: “Kiss me, I want to go to Bali….”
Frou: Since when did Sixpence None The Richer start promoting Indonesia tourism?
The Man: Then??
Frou: “Kiss me out of the BEARDED BARLEY”.
The Man: What the hell is bearded barley?
Frou: I don’t know….a barley plant with mustache?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for coming back....i was sooooo missing ur posts :) :)

Vivian said...

aiyo i miss you!