Monday, July 01, 2013

Confidence! Confidence! Confidence!

Last weekend, The Man revealed he was once a guest speaker at a DATING WORKSHOP. I had to stop to gag for a full minute when I heard that. It was too hilarious.

He said he had a friend who ran a dating site and she asked him to help give a talk to her male members on how to talk to women.

Frou: What made you such an expert on that topic?

The Man: Because I have no problem talking to girls.

Frou: Righht. So, tell me, what’s your secret to talking to us?

The Man: Three simple rules – Confidence…… Confidence and…. Confidence!

(The Frou rolling on the floor – he said it with such gusto!)

The Man: You see, the men who attended are quite sad looking but I told them – Fret not, boys! You must never think the girl is too pretty for you. You must think of yourself as …… a work of art.

(The Frou cannot stop rolling)

The Man: Can you get off the floor already? It is embarrassing. We are out in the open.

Frou: YOU are a piece of art, my friend.

Anyway, we googled the website and we found that his friend is still organizing singles/dating events. Also, the site has some articles on dating tips such as how to keep conversation, how to be confident (again??) and why singles are not dating in Singapore (the first reason stated was because they lack confidence!)

Yes, I agree confidence is important when it comes to starting the dating process – but it takes more than confidence to keep the other party interested. Nobody likes a cocky bastard or an arrogant girl who thinks she is all that. You need to balance that with a healthy dose of humility which, to me, is a much more attractive quality than cockiness. Anyway, I told the Man that I will be happy to volunteer to write for his friend’s website. I am no expert at dating but I think I am more down to earth when it comes to this topic.

I honestly believe the key to dating is to be self aware and practical. For example, I would have written:

The Frou’s Practical Guide To Choosing a Partner:

1. Choose a partner your own attraction level or 2 notches below, never above. For example, if you are an average 7, you should try and date someone who is a 5, 6 or 7. This follows the law of ‘natural selection’ – do watch nature documentaries or read up on Darwin’s laws on evolution if you don’t know what I mean.

2. If you wish to go for an 8-10, you should upgrade yourself to that level first. Try clever makeup, better clothes or plastic surgery. In this time and age, it is not that hard to fake your looks. Have you not seen those Korean girls?

3. You can be an exception to Rules 1 and 2 if you are rich (and stay rich).

4. Don’t try and go below 2 notches down. You will not stay interested for long.

5. Don’t trust yourself to gauge what your attraction level is. Seek an unbiased third party for an honest opinion. Never ask your mother or a pet. If you don’t have anyone you can trust, please send me your picture and I will be happy to give you an honest opinion.

You think people will ever take dating advice from me??

No comments: