Tuesday, August 07, 2012

I am Birthday Princess!

Each year, I tell myself that I want a “nice quiet birthday where I spend some time alone reflecting on my life” but I know even before I finish this sentence that I am fooling myself. In fact, I can hear the Toe snorting right about now.

So, let’s shed the bullshit. It is my BIRTHDAY MONTH once again…. WOOT THE WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 4 celebrations planned as of today; one of which was successfully executed last weekend in JB with the entire Frou Clan plus Toi and Tetanus. No drunken stories (yet) but we had a really good time barbequing in our backyard. My favourite present so far is a beautiful birthday drawing from my 2 yr old niece. She drew me (with a round head) and The Man (with a cone head) amidst flowers and cactuses (we must be in some exotic desert) and the words, "Happy Birthday Aunt Frou". You know, I always wanted to have one of those kids drawing where you can pin up on your workstation and show off to your colleagues that a little person like you enough to do it for you. Now I have one, and I am SUPER proud of it.  

My next celebration should be a pizza/wine thing with Thursday with some old friends. Following that will be my "Tragically Hip" dinner organised by The Toe. This was the message she sent out yesterday:

"Dear Friends. August is the month of celebration! One person's celebration, to be more precise.The birthday girl has requested the theme to be black and white. In accordance to being tragically hip, we have decided to have dinner next Saturday at the hippest joint in the hippest neighbourhood, Tiong Bahru. Dinner is at 8pm. Please come in your hippest black and white chic outfit. No one ugly allowed. There will also be air-kisses galore as that is what the hipsters do. We will speak loudly about hip topics such as the unrest in Syria and the death penalty in Singapore. Hipfully yours, Toe"

The place we are going is so tragically hip that there is a cancellation fee if we don't turn up and they are also charging us "cake corkage" if you are bringing an outside cake. CAKE CORKAGE?! Best part is, they don't serve cakes themselves. The Toe said we will "ngeh ngeh" bring a cake. I will think of ways to avoid paying CAKE CORKAGE (I can't stop saying it now!) As Secretary Pig suggested, I also need to get my "jee-bra" outfit ready.  

And my last celebration will be in Bali where I will be frolicking with the KL monkeys. Double Woot the Woot!

 I won't pass out from alcohol on my birthday month... I won't pass out from alcohol on my birthday month... I won't...

1 comment:

Tragically Hip Toe said...

Let the celebrations begin!!

We are not going to get drunk.

Repeat after me...

We are not going to get drunk.

*flops*