Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just walked down 16 flights of stairs for a fire drill.

Thank goodness I have my “evacuation flipflops” under my desk. I would not have lasted a single flight with my work heels. The Boss commented that flipflops are not a good idea during a fire hazard. I “pffft” at him but later during the stampede to get back on the lift, someone stepped on my flipflop while I was running (well, it was a stampede…) causing it to flung into the chaos and I had to crawl on my knees on the floor to find them. The only thing more annoying than that was The Boss’s “I told you so” look.

Anyway, I am back at my desk now – sweaty armpits and all – and I’m too poofed from all the excitement to start working on my emails so I’m taking a breather to write a short post to say HELLO to whoever is reading. Hello! How’s your week been? Apart from the episode this morning, I have been good. Actually, great. It might have something to do with the increased serotonin coursing through my blood. No, I’m not on drugs. I have been on a new workout regime, thanks to The Toe. She introduced me to Power Plates and since then I have been vibrating myself to body beautiful - please pardon the corniness. Have you guys tried? At first I thought it would be super lame but I went for a trial class and my goodness, my entire body ached, my nose was super itchy and I broke out in rashes. I thought I was allergic but I later found out ofromn the internet that this simply means it is working. Apparently the vibrations are supposed to cause your muscles to contract more vigorously (hence the ache) and this increased contractions enable your blood to flow more rapidly and effectively through your body (hence the rash) and where the flow is ‘blocked’ in certain parts of your body, for example, the thinner capillaries around your nose, it will help unblock them (hence the nose itch). I have been going a few more times now and all those symptoms are lessen and I feel great. Best part is, the classes are only 40 minutes long. I have been told that 10 minutes on Power Plate machine is equal to 1 hour of your regular workout which means one session is equal to… 4 hours? No wonder I ache like that.

Besides vibrating (that sounds wrong), I have also been – again, thanks to The Toe – on a pill detox program called Ultimate Cleanse where you have to swallow up to 4 foul smelling bad tasting pills per day to cleanse your intestine, kidneys and colon. They are supposed to make you pee and poop. A lot. I will spare you from details but suffice to say, it really brought me and The Toe much closer as we went on the program at the same time. We will message each other to inform the number of poop we did daily. But towards the end of the program (it is a month long), our messages became, “I AM SO OVER THIS POOPING SHIT!” (pun intended). It is tiring, my friends. If you intend to do this, please make sure you choose a month where you are sedentary or always near a clean working toilet. There was once The Toe had to go urgently in the middle of shopping. She sent me a SMS: “OMG!! I JUST POOPED IN IMM MALL IN JURONG!” For someone who never pooped outside her own home, you can imagine how distressing that is. As for me, the pills have been causing a slight rift between me and The Man. He said the involuntary farting during sleep is a real test of our relationship. I dare say.

Besides passing out waste (again, wrong), what else have I been doing? Hmm. Oh ya, catching up with people. I caught up with Tetanus recently. Twice. The first was when Toe and I brought him out for his birthday ramen in Ippudo and we made too much noise telling each other Chinese jokes (it is funny because Toe and I don’t do Chinese). The second time was when he came down to JB for my birthday BBQ. He actually walked the entire causeway! I told him no one is allowed to do that anyway and he said he didn’t know. Suaku! I also (finally) met up with Empress Bao and her new baby (Hello Baby Jai!) which was nice albeit the drive to her house took too long because I have to cross 3 expressways and there was an accident in CTE tunnel. But you know what they say: the road to a friend’s house is never long.

OK, my armpits are dry and I am ready to start work now. Till the next time!

1 comment:

The Queen said...

NO COMMENT. ON THE INVOLUNTARY FARTING IN BED. PERIOD.